Tuesday 17 March 2015

2ND SHOOT - INFLUENCED BY SARAH GRAHAM

Initial shots
My first influence for my idea of showing the relationship between colour and food is Sarah Graham. I chose her for my first influence due to her colourful photorealism creations of toys and sweets which are meant to show joy and happiness which I have tied to show in my work. For this shoot I tried to recreate her piece art which is called 'Top Of The Pops'. For this shoot I used Chupa Chups lollies as they're colourful and would works well with my idea of showing the relationship between different colours.


For my second shoot I gathered five Chupa Chups lollies and placed them in a small cup so that the lollies are closer together, therefore showing a better difference between the colours. I used my Nikon d3200 and 18-55mm lens. I shot from a higher angle as the lighting was better on my subjects and so i could fit more of the colours into the image. During my shoot I experimented using flash which worked well because it brightened the image and increased the saturation of the sweets so the image wasn't so boring and therefore it would be more joyful which Sarah Graham tries to show.

Some images didn't turn out too well and how I wanted them to be. For example, image 1 and 18 didn't turn out too good. With image 1 the problem is the focus on the lollies isn't correct. This has caused the lollies too be blurred which isn't ideal. Image 18's problem was with the lighting. The image is clearly too dark and is rather dull, therefore not showing much colour. However some images did turn out well. For example, image 12 and 15. These Images are good because the lighting is correct, thus illuminating the and increasing the saturation of the lollies which also occurs on image 15. In addition to, the focus is correct and so the images aren't blurred. Lastly, the lollies are positioned perfectly as well as the camera angle, showing these colours.




Shoot 2 - Best Edit






ORIGINAL






BEST EDIT

The picture above is my best edit from this shoot. I picked this picture to edit due to the well angled shot as it fits the Chupa Chups into the image as well as the good lighting and focus which show off those colours a lot more. This edit was similar to the one from the 1st shoot as I used the quick selection tool again. Firstly, I blurred the background again so that all the focus was on the lollipops in the centre of the image. Then I selected the lollipops and increased the saturation and you can see how the colours are brightened and the image is a lot happier. (Edited on Adobe Photoshop).

No comments:

Post a Comment